Started at: 01-01-2016
Ends on: 30-06-2018
Budget: 1,296,870 €
The leitmotiv of ARCFIRE is to experimentally demonstrate at large scale they key benefits of RINA, leveraging former EC investments in Future Internet testbeds (FIRE+) and in the development of the basic RINA technology (IRATI, PRISTINE). ARCFIRE’s contribution will i) showcase the benefits and viability of RINA via large-scale experimental deployments; ii) quantify those benefits by comparing RINA with current Internet technologies using different Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and iii) motivate the academic and industrial computer networking research communities to engage in RINA research, development and innovation activities
RINA-based technology has matured significantly over the past few years. There are multiple RINA stack implementations, prototypes of all the key value propositions, fully operational testbeds and test traffic generators, hackathon examples of engaged developers, and clear use cases with immediate industrial application. There are demos of how to transport RINA datagrams over existing chipsets, tunnel it under and over existing protocols, and a roadmap to exploit new capabilities like P4-programmable routers.
RINA is at the transition from ”will this work?” to ”how can we use this productively?”. Within framework, ARCFIRE is working to:
– Compare the design of converged operator networks using RINA to state-of-the art operator network designs.
– Produce a robust RINA software suite; mature enough for large-scale deployments and long-lived experiments.
– Provide relevant experimental evidence of the RINA benefits for network operators, application developers and end-users.
– Raise the number of organisations involved in RINA research, development and innovation activities.
– Enhance FIRE+ as a platform for large-scale experimentation with RINA.
This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 687871.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.